How to install, adjust and pack the River Tow Tether
Warning: Do not use this product without prior training from a rescue professional. Kokatat Inc. assumes no liability or responsibility for death, injury, or property damage, or loss of any kind resulting from the correct or incorrect use of this product.
The Kokatat River Tow Tether is a five foot webbing cow tail/tow tether with adjustable length so that it fits snug against your rescue life vest to minimize snag hazard.
Five feet of webbing is stored in the pouch and deploys when you pull on the carabiner.
The stored length of the tow tether is adjusted using the tri-glide slider at the back of the webbing storage pouch. You adjust the stored length so that the tow tether fits tight against your rescue life vest to minimize snag hazard
The tow tether attaches at the back of the rescue life vest to the quick release belt using the metal ‘O” ring. It attaches to the front of the vest on the quick release buckle (all Kokatat rescue life vests) or using the tow tether sleeve located between the front foam panels on the Maximus Centurion rescue vest.
- Release the carabiner from the quick release buckle or pull it out of the tow tether sleeve on the Maximus Centurion.
- Then pull on the carabiner to release the full webbing length from the pouch.
- Open the hook and loop closure on the top of the pouch.
- Pull the webbing through the top.
- Secure the carabiner using the hook and loop tab on the side of the pouch.
- Neatly fold the webbing and stuff it into the pouch.
- Close the hook and loop closure on the top of the pouch.